Founded in 1972 by builder Jim W. Brown, JWB Properties has been a part of the changing Georgia landscape for over 41 years. Specializing in small residential developments and single-family homes, Mr. Brown is involved in every step of the process from assemblage, purchase and development, to plans, permitting and build. It is this hands on approach, bringing everything “under one roof” that a homeowner can truly appreciate.
From a collaboration with the United States Department of Energy to build the first passive solar home in the state of Georgia, to being chosen to build the Southern Living Centennial Olympic House (toured by over 70,000 people), JWB Properties is always on the forefront of what’s happening in the building market.
JWB Properties has adapted and evolved, yet always stayed true to the commitment of building a classic, quality structure, no matter the scope or scale, and this has enabled them to remain a fixture in the industry. Building both traditional and contemporary homes, with a flair for authenticity and a focus on details and aesthetics has them building quality over quantity to maintain their standards. It is this commitment to their foundation that has JWB Properties doing new construction, renovations, and even second homes for clients from 20 years ago.
• 1992 Subdivision Task Force Community Service Award Winner
• 1992 Task Force to Rewrite Subdivision Regulation for the City of Atlanta
• Task Force to Fix the Permitting Process for the City of Atlanta (twice)
• 1998, 2004, 2005, Stakeholder for City of Atlanta in multiple hiring reviews
• 2004-2006 Co-Chair of the Zoning Committee for NPU-B
• 2008-2012 City of Atlanta Tree Conservation Commission
• Board of Managers for the Atlanta Nehemiah Housing Alliance
• Citizens Coalition for Community Development
• Committee to create a scholarship in honor of former Director of Zoning for the City of Atlanta, Bill Kennedy
• 2012 Home Builder Association of Georgia Board of Directors
• 2014-present Executive Committee for the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association
• 2014 President of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association
• 2014 Stakeholder for creating a 10 year Vision Plan for the City of Smyrna
• Atlanta Historical Society
• Atlanta Preservation Society
Professional Builder Magazine
The Atlanta Journal & Constitution
Southern Living Magazine
Better Homes & Garden Magazine
Indian Hills Country Club
Country Club of the South
Long Island Walk*
Parkside at Chastain*
Old Ridgewood Place*
Old Paces Place*
Old Powers Lane*
* Communities Developed and Built by JWB Properties notated with an asterisk
Mr. Brown is an Eagle Scout, Marine and Father of two children and Grandfather of five. A former race car driver, he has left the engine for cycling where he volunteers for the National MS Society, Camp Twin Lakes “Spin for Kids” and Team in Training, raising over $100,00 for the various organization the in the last ten years.